Norman Regional Senior Counseling Center
The later years of life should be a time of enjoyment and continued positive, intellectual and emotional growth.
Senior adults experience a variety of unique and difficult life changes that can be overwhelming at times. For some, these challenges include declining physical or mental capabilities, the loss of independence and the loss of loved ones. These changes may cause confusion, depression, anxiety and withdrawal. Depression and anxiety are not a normal, natural part of the aging process but unfortunately are very common. Meeting the unique challenges of aging adults requires courage and sometimes a helping hand.
Healthy Aging with Norman Regional Senior Counseling Center
Norman Regional Senior Counseling Center is a provider of outpatient counseling services designed specifically for senior adults. Our intensive outpatient program is designed with either a morning or an afternoon scheduling option. Norman Regional Senior Counseling Center provides three group therapy sessions that incorporate fun and friendliness while discussing life's victories and challenges. A relaxed, comfortable environment is provided where patients participate in groups designed to promote achievement of individualized treatment goals. Lunch and snacks are served daily at no additional cost. Services are approved and monitored by a physician.
Signs you or a loved one could use help
- Irritability or agitation
- Loss of interest in activities
- Feelings of suspicion and mistrust
- Excessive worry and anxiety
- Tearfulness or crying spells
- Changes in self-care
- Difficulty with medication compliance
Advantages of Norman Regional Senior Counseling Center
- A dynamic approach combining the benefits of therapy and medication
- Clinical assessment by a board certified psychiatrist
- Multidisciplinary treatment team including; licensed therapists, registered nurse, and support staff
- Small psychotherapy groups to emphasize support and goal achievement
- Transportation provided within a 35-mile radius. Vehicles are equipped with wheelchair lifts.
- Lunch and snacks provide at no cost to patients
- Multidisciplinary team assessment
- Medication management
- Individualized treatment plans
- Group and individual therapy
- Education and management of symptoms
- Physician supervision of all services
- Case management provided as needed
Our group therapy sessions include topics such as:
- Coping with difficult situations
- Improving interpersonal relationships
- Anger management
- Setting goals
- Coping with grief and trauma
- Overcoming depression and anxiety
- Managing worries and fears
- Improving self-care
Group therapy is offered from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday-Friday.
If you or someone you know could benefit from this program, simply call 405-912-3495. A screening will be provided at your convenience in the comfort of your home. Medicare is accepted.
What is Anxiety?
We all feel some anxiety at times. In life, situations that lead to the symptoms of anxiety are common (i.e. change in job, final exams, move to a new city). For many, these mild anxieties seem to energize or help increase personal focus.
However, symptoms of anxiety can become so severe that the individual is unable to get through the day. If your work, home life and happiness are negatively affected by anxiety, you may be suffering from an anxiety disorder, a medical condition that often requires professional intervention.
What is Depression?
At one time or another, most of us feel “down in the dumps,” sad or “blue.” These feelings may reflect the “ups” and “downs” of life, and as such, are normal.
However, these feelings may be the symptoms of depression, and can become so severe that a person is unable to get through the day. If your work, home life and happiness are negatively affected by depressed mood, you may be suffering from a depressive disorder, a medical condition that often requires professional intervention.
700 S. Telephone Rd., Suite 301
Moore, OK 73160