Vascular Access Center
Treating problems that obstruct vascular access is important – the earlier problems are caught and treated, the better an outcome may be.
Norman Regional Health System’s Vascular Access Center is the state’s first and only hospital-based center that focuses on patients needing treatment for dialysis, long-term infusions as well as other vascular access needs. The Vascular Access Center is a one-stop destination where patients can seamlessly complete all necessary pre-operative work in one convenient location. Our patients will have easier access to lab work, X-rays, ultrasound and other diagnostic testing. Also, if something is identified that requires more treatment or admission to a hospital, Norman Regional is able to provide that advanced care.
The Vascular Access Center is located on the first floor of Norman Regional Hospital, 901 N. Porter Ave. You may park on the northeast side of the building. Registration is conveniently located at the Vascular Access Center itself. Patient’s lab work, diagnostics, procedure and recovery are all done in the comforts of Norman Regional Hospital. Our team of expert physicians, nurses and staff are dedicated to providing a positive experience for our patients and their families.
Vascular Access Center Hours
8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday - Thursday 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. Friday Phone: 405-307-CLOT (2568)
- Placing of new arteriovenous (AV) fistulas
- Declotting of existing AV fistulas
- Ballooning of vascular anatomy to ensure proper flow
- Placing of dialysis catheters (both temporary and long-term/tunneled), peritoneal drain catheters and peripherally inserted central catheters (PICC lines)
- Assessing current dialysis catheters for proper function
- Treating and removing deep vein thrombosis
When You Visit
- Bring insurance cards, photo ID and a list of your current medications
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Remove fingernail polish
- Arrange for someone to drive you home
- Do NOT bring valuables such as jewelry
- Do NOT eat or drink anything six hours prior to your procedure or scheduled time of visit
901 N. Porter Ave.
Norman, OK 73071