Norman Regional Hospital Emergency Department
Norman Regional’s Emergency Department is here for your emergency healthcare needs 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our expert team includes board-certified emergency medicine physicians, nurses, technicians and more. Our team also can performed needed testing from x-rays to lab work.
Norman Regional Hospital’s Emergency Department has 44 beds. Its average patient length of stay is nationally competitive — currently less than two hours for treated and released patients. We provide comprehensive care delivered by teams of board- certified emergency physicians and trauma and critical care skilled registered nurses, ED techs, secretaries and lab assistants. During peak hours, five teams of physicians and staff work to treat patients quickly and safely.
- Two X-ray rooms within the ED
- Dedicated CAT scan
- 15 cardiac monitored rooms
Certifications and recognition:
- Level III Trauma Center
- Certified Stroke Center
- All emergency physicians are board certified/board eligible
- All registered nurses are ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) and PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) certified
- Trauma nurses are TNCC (Trauma Nursing Core Course) certified
- CEN (Certified Emergency Nursing) status is encouraged and supported
- Nationally recognized by VHA Quality for initiatives in Cardiac Care, ED Throughput and Pneumonia
- Recognized by the National Patient Safety Congress for Innovative Initiatives leading to positive outcomes for patients
901 N. Porter Ave.
Norman, OK 73071