Norman Regional’s Outpatient Infusion Center offers special services to those who need intravenous therapy.
Hours of Operation
Monday - Sunday: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. (By appointment only). For more information, call 405-307-4038.
The Outpatient Infusion Center is located in Norman Regional Hospital, 901 N. Porter Ave. Please enter through the North East Entry.
Patients are treated by appointment only. Physicians may admit patients from their offices, a hospital, a nursing home or an emergency room. To refer a patient to the Infusion Center, please fax an order to 405-515-5089.
Services We Offer
- Infusion of blood and blood products
- Iron infusion
- Intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG)
- IV fluid administration
- A peripherally inserted central catheter or PICC
Specially Trained Staff
The staff at the Outpatient Infusion Center is trained in placing, maintaining and overseeing methods of intravenous medicine. The Center will provide a full spectrum of care to patients who:
- Do not require hospitalization
- Are not receiving home healthcare (because of insurance constraints)
- Prefer the ease and convenience of outpatient appointment
- Are ambulatory and self-care
The Benefits of Using Norman Regional
- An experienced, compassionate staff of registered nurses with specialized training
- Patients relax in a comfortable setting with television, free wifi access and meals
Infusion therapy is used for severe migraines that will not go away. It is meant to help avoid costly and uncomfortable ER visits while providing intravenous medications not available for use at home.
How does it work?
The Oklahoma Headache Center can obtain an EKG and labs, if needed, to make sure the medications used will be safe for you. This is generally done in advance. They can also obtain preauthorization from your insurance company.
Once you arrive to the Infusion Center, a nurse will assist you to your treatment area. Each treatment station has its own reclining chair, television and free wifi access.
If you’re interested, please call the Oklahoma Headache Center at 405-307-5700 during regular business hours.
901 N. Porter Ave.
Norman, OK 73071