Norman Heart & Vascular Associates, Heart Plaza (Cardiovascular Surgery)
Norman Heart and Vascular Associates is a group of cardiologists and cardiothoracic and vascular surgeons who are dedicated to your heart's health. We have two office locations to serve the community – one in Norman and the other in Moore.
Our main office is located in the Heart Plaza, just off Tecumseh Road and Interstate 35 near the Norman Regional HealthPlex. A satellite clinic is located in Norman Regional Moore, 700 S. Telephone Rd. in Moore, Oklahoma. Other satellite clinics are available in Oklahoma City, Blanchard, Newcastle, Noble, and Lindsay.
Our physicians are associated with and perform procedures at the Norman Regional HealthPlex, 3300 HealthPlex Parkway. The HealthPlex Heart Hospital offers a full continuum of cardiac care services ranging from a nationally accredited Chest Pain Center Emergency Department, to heart catheterization and interventional procedures, to open heart surgery.
We are gladly accepting new patients and self-referrals. For an appointment, please call us at 405-515-2222 to schedule your appointment in Norman or at 405-515-2260 to schedule your appointment in Moore.
Services at the Heart Plaza
- Cardiology and cardiovascular surgery physician offices
- Outpatient diagnostic services such as ultrasound, nuclear medicine scans and stress EKGs
- Anticoagulation clinic
- The Endocrine Center
- Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation workout area
- The Oklahoma Wound Center
- Vein Clinic/Venous mapping
Norman Heart & Vascular Associates can treat a variety of conditions and diseases using surgical intervention. Some of the procedures and treatment options we offer include:
Adult Cardiac Surgery
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG)
- Valve surgery repair/replacement (aortic, mitral, tricuspid)
- Atrial Fibrillation Procedures
- Aneurysmal Disease
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Carotid Artery Stenosis (CAS)
- Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD)
Adult Thoracic Surgery
- Lung Cancer Surgery
- Video Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery (VATS)
- Robotic Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery (RATS)
Many of our surgeons also offer procedures using minimally invasive techniques including laparoscopic and robotic surgery.
Venous disease is common and a significant amount of venous disease is due to genetics. Twenty five million people suffer from some form of venous disease and more than 80% of people greater than 70 years old are affected by venous disease.
Norman Regional’s Vein Clinic offers comprehensive vein treatment for individuals suffering from painful vein problems and treatment for unsightly veins on the legs. Venous disease or insufficiency can be a life altering medical condition and should be evaluated by a specialist. Venous insufficiency occurs when the blood pools in your legs, which makes it difficult for the blood to return to your heart.
Risk factors of venous disease include:
- Advanced age
- Previous deep vein clot
- Multiple pregnancies
- Prolonged sitting or prolonged standing
- Heavy lifting
- Hormonal changes
Are you at risk for venous disease? Take our self-assessment to find out and fill out the form for an appointment with us if you think you’re at risk.
Symptoms of venous disease include:
- Varicose veins or veins greater than 3 millimeters in diameter, generally dilated and tortuous
- Leg or ankle swelling that is worse by the end of the day
- Spider veins (Telangiectasia) 0.2 to 1 millimeter, generally fine and bluish
- Reticular 1-3 millimeters in size, generally bluish black
- Leg fatigue, heaviness or aching
- Burning or itching skin
- Discoloration of the skin below the knee which is often ruddy or brownish
- Leg cramps or restless legs, especially at night
There is no need to continue to suffer with venous disease with the current medical advancements and various treatment options. Find out more about how we can help at NormanRegional.com.
3500 HealthPlex Parkway, Suite 200
Norman, OK 73072