Breast Care Center
The Breast Care Center is open 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Norman Regional’s Breast Care Center offers Saturday appointments two times a month from 7:30-11:15 a.m.
The Breast Care Center offers a full-range of services performed in a comforting and inviting environment. You’ll find technically-advanced digital mammography equipment along with a compassionate staff that includes your very own nurse navigator to help you through the process should you need further support.
What Makes Our Breast Care Center Unique:
- Patient education resources
- Accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR)
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved
- A nurse navigator to help guide patients through their journey with breast cancer
- Surgical area and private rooms exclusively designated for a woman’s comfort
- Reserved parking for patients
We place the latest technology in the hands of our experienced and skilled physicians, mammographers, ultrasound technicians and registered nurses. To schedule an appointment, call 405-307-2290.
Schedule Your Mammogram Today
Every woman is at risk for breast cancer. Mammograms are the single most effective method of early detection and identifying cancer in its most treatable stages. For women 40 and older, mammograms should be part of a yearly physical routine. Monthly breast self-examinations are also important for good breast health.
The American Medical Association, American College of Radiology and the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation recommend the following guidelines:
- Annual screening mammography for women beginning at age 40
- If you are under age 40 and have a family history of breast cancer or other concerns about your risk, talk with your doctor about when to begin mammography.
- Have a clinical breast examination by your doctor at least every three years beginning at age 20 and every year after 40.
- Beginning at age 20, perform monthly breast self-examinations.
- Become familiar with the normal look and feel of your breasts – if ANY change occurs, report it to your doctor.
Norman Regional's Breast Care Center offers 3D mammography, also known as breast tomosynthesis. Three-dimensional mammography is a type of digital mammography in which X-ray machines are used to take pictures of thin slices of the breast from different angles and computer software is used to reconstruct an image.
3D mammography lets doctors better evaluate breast images, layer by layer, for greater accuracy. Greater accuracy means both better breast cancer detection and less of a chance a patient will need additional imaging/testing. 3D mammography is performed similar to traditional mammography.
Norman Regional’s Breast Care Center also offers Mammography and DEXA (bone density scanning) at Norman Regional Moore.
Please click here or call 405-307-2290 to schedule your mammogram at either location.
For more information on mammography click here.
3440 R.C. Luttrell Dr.
Norman, OK 73072