From the high school athlete who tears an ACL to the retiree who needs a knee replacement, Ortho Central is here for each and every one of our patients. Our expert team includes four orthopedic surgeons, a sports medicine physician, bone health experts, physical therapists, and workers’ compensation specialists.
Our skilled providers can evaluate and treat a wide range of orthopedic injuries including sports-related fractures, comprehensive spine care, foot and ankle surgery, and hip, knee and shoulder reconstructive surgery.
Our physicians are James Bond, MD; Theodore Boehm, MD; Brian Clowers, MD; Richard Kirkpatrick, MD, and Zakary Knutson, MD.
Our surgeons are trained in the latest techniques and utilize minimally invasive procedures such as robotically-assisted surgery.
Some of our surgeons’ specialties include:
- Arthroscopic surgery
- Carpal tunnel surgery
- Cartilage restoration
- Reconstructive surgery of the foot and ankle
- Robotic-assisted total knee replacement
- Rotator cuff repair
- Surgical fracture care
- Total hip replacement
- Total shoulder replacement
Learn more about our providers at OrthoCentralOK.com.
Ortho Central Norman is located inside the West Norman Professional Building on Tecumseh Road off Interstate 35.
An X-ray can help your physician make a quick and accurate diagnosis. X-rays and MRIs are both used to form an individualized plan of care for each patient. Each of our locations offers state-of-the-art digital imaging technology, as well as highly trained ARRT registered technologists with extensive knowledge of orthopedic imaging.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
Unlike an X-Ray, which only takes a picture of bone, an MRI provides a more detailed look at soft tissue, ligaments, tendons and bones. At Ortho Central Norman, we offer on-site “open-style” MRI to help alleviate anxiety and claustrophobia. Our facility is ACR accredited so we have undergone a rigorous review process and meet or exceed nationally-accepted standards of care.
MRI does not use radiation in any form to obtain its images. Any body structure can be scanned with MRI, but certain scans are only done on MRI units that have the software and hardware to achieve high quality images of those areas.
IMPORTANT : If you have a pacemaker, defibrillator, or aneurysm clips, YOU CANNOT HAVE AN MRI at our facility. Please contact our office if you have questions about these disqualifiers.
You may also not be able to have an MRI if you have stents, coils, valves, implanted monitors, neurostimulators, ear implants, or if you are pregnant. Contact your physician or our office with any questions. We will need a copy of your implant card prior to your appointment so we can verify that it is safe to scan on our system.
Preparing For Your Appointment
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment to fill out paperwork.
- We recommend wearing comfortable clothing that contains no metal (zippers, snaps, buttons).
- We offer gowns and shorts if needed.
- Please remove any piercings before your appointment.
- There are no diet restrictions; you can eat, drink, and take your medications as normal.
- We recommend taking any pain medication one hour prior to your exam if needed.
During Your Appointment
- Your MRI will take about 20-45 minutes for each body part we scan.
- Music is available for certain exams where headphones will not interfere with our equipment.
- If you need a CD with your MRI images, please let the technologist know at the time of your appointment.
After Your Appointment
After you have completed your MRI, you will schedule a follow-up appointment to go over the results with your physician.
The team at Ortho Central is dedicated to serving as a highly trusted orthopedic resource for injured workers, employers, nurse case managers, and insurance providers involved in workers’ compensation. We understand and respect the balance between all parties, and it is our privilege to partner with outstanding professionals to ensure the best possible care for our patients.
The team at Ortho Central assists injured workers in receiving the necessary medical treatment to get back to work both safely and efficiently. Our physicians are dedicated and experienced in evaluation, treatment, diagnosis, and management of work-related injuries that affect the bones, joints, muscles, and ligaments. We treat general orthopedic injuries and orthopedic trauma injuries, as well as joint replacement.
Our physicians specialize in treating common on-the-job injuries to the:
- Foot and ankle
Workers’ Compensation services include:
- Dedicated Workers’ Compensation Department
- Early diagnosis and treatment plan
- Timely medical reporting
- Consistent communication with all parties
- Independent Medical Exams (IME)
- Onsite MRI
- Appointments within 24 hours
- Surgical opinions
- Ratings upon request
- Education seminars
- Certified physical therapists available for consultation
- Onsite physical therapy and rehabilitation services
For more information about workers’ compensation, please contact Anne Miles, our workers’ compensation coordinator, at 405-515-8086. We are happy to assist you in answering any questions or concerns.
Ortho Central also has a location in Midwest City, as well as Physical Therapy and a Surgery Center in separate suites in the West Norman Professional Building.
We’re happy to help! Give us a call at 405-360-6764 or visit OrthoCentralOK.com for more information.
3400 Tecumseh Rd., Suite 101
Norman, OK 73072