Ortho Central Physical Therapy
Ortho Central’s physical therapists utilize a hands on approach which includes a comprehensive biomechanical assessment of how the body functions and moves to determine what movement issues or muscle imbalances may be causing performance limitations or dysfunction.
Our physical therapists have years of training and experience and are certified in many specialty areas including:
- Board Certified Orthopedic Clinical Specialist clinicians (OCS)
- Board Certified Sports Clinical Specialist clinicians (SCS)
- Certified and Oklahoma licensed Athletic Trainers (ATC)
- Certified Strength and Conditioning specialists (CSCS)
- Certified Mechanical Diagnostic Therapists-McKenzie approach (Cert. MDT)
- Specialized orthopedic rehabilitation by PTs with years of experience in post-operative and post injury sports and orthopedic care
- Return to sports rehab programs designed for each sport
- Manual Therapy for spine and orthopedic conditions
- Trigger point dry needling (TDN)
- Specialized rehab programs for runners and cyclists including video motion analysis
- Concussion management and rehabilitation
Sports Performance Services include:
- Comprehensive Sports assessment (in conjunction with our NMotion sports science department) including strength, flexibility, speed, agility, video analysis, body composition (IDEXA)
- Bike fitting and shoe recommendations in conjunction with NMotion
- Sports Metrics ACL injury prevention (pre and post video analysis following 6 week program)
- Speed, power, and agility training
- 3D video analysis for any sport to assess injury likelihood and address deficits
- Return to play testing and assessment using a scientifically based protocol
Our physical therapists are:
David Haynes, MS, PT, SCS, OCS, ATC, Cert. MDT
David Haynes,MS, PT, SCS, OCS, ATC, Cert. MDT, is a fellowship-trained physical therapist with Norman Regional’s Ortho Central clinic. He is also a board-certified sports Clinical Specialist and Orthopedic Clinical Specialist. David developed an interest in physical therapy when he sustained an ACL tear and experienced physical therapy as a patient. David said his patients can expect a provider who will go the extra mile to make sure they return to their prior level of functioning.
David has been a PT and Norman resident for 30 years and was raised in Oklahoma. He currently lives in Norman with his wife and four children. He has a passion for taking care of people and can empathize after having multiple knee surgeries himself. A former marathoner and now an avid cyclist, he can be seen all over Norman. Just look for the bicycle league of Norman multicolored jersey.
Jessica Hobbs, PT, DPT
Jessica got her Bachelor of Science at Southwestern College in Winfield, KS, and then pursued her Doctorate of Physical Therapy at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center where she graduated in May of 2018. She had a lot of physical therapy herself through injuries in high school and college, and fell in love with the profession when she worked as a tech at a clinic in college. As a provider, Jessica wants her patients to know that she has been in their shoes and is invested in their progress and in helping them get better. She loves to work with all diagnoses and patients of all ages, and she loves to have fun in the clinic!
Jessica Kuwitzky,PT, DPT
Jessica is a Board Certified Sports Clinical Specialist and residency trained sports physical therapist, an accomplishment of less than 1% of licensed physical therapists. She received her Doctor of Physical therapy from the University of Oklahoma Health Science Center where she is also an Adjunct Clinical Professor.
Jessica is a decorated athlete who spent over a 10 years as a competitive gymnast, a varsity cheerleader, and an All-State pole vaulter. She took this passion to Oklahoma State University and graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training with experience working with Division 1 cross country, softball, and football athletics. She uses her experience as an athlete and extensive training in sports medicine with the goal to bridge the gap between rehabilitation and return to sport.
Jessica enjoys working with athletes and the athletic population, but also looks to empower her patients to utilize movement to live long, healthy lives.
Corinne Gil, PT
Corinne Gil is a licensed physical therapist in Oklahoma with 47 years of experience in many varied areas of therapy. She has worked in hospitals, rehabilitation centers, home health and outpatient setting. Previously, she has lived and practiced therapy in California, Michigan, Louisiana and New Mexico. She has enjoyed working in Oklahoma for the last 22 years. She will say that she continues to love working with people and to see them improve thru working together to return to their active lives. She relates that she would choose the same career again, without a doubt! She and her husband, Harvey have two adult children. Their daughter is now a physical therapist as well.
Amiee Pinkerton, PTA
Amiee played sports growing up and dealt with injuries so she chose to become a physical therapist assistant so she could help athletes get back to their game. Amiee is still big into sports. That’s why Amiee especially likes to treat athletes, but likes treating anyone who wants to get to better.
Daphne Hester, PTA
Daphne said she decided to become a physical therapist assistant because she’s been interested in health, fitness and wellness most of her life. She likes to treat orthopedic patients, athletes or non-athletes, of all ages because she said she cares about people and their well-being, and wants to help them have a better quality of life.
Daphne enjoys bike riding, running, weightlifting, hiking, spending time with her family, and watching sports, especially gymnastics, football and basketball. She also enjoys reading Christian books and watching action movies or TV shows.
To schedule an appointment for Ortho Central’s Physical Therapy, call 405-515-8080. The Ortho Central Physical Therapy office is located in West Norman Professional Building 3400 W. Tecumseh Rd., Suite 103, Norman, OK 73072.
3400 W. Tecumseh Rd., Suite 103
Norman, OK 73072