Oklahoma Headache Center
In light of COVID-19, our clinics are now offering virtual visits. Please call your doctor's office to schedule an appointment or get more details.
A guide to make sure your virtual visit is convenient and simple
Click below to securely send your information to our office.
The Oklahoma Headache Center is Oklahoma's first and only comprehensive headache and facial pain treatment center. We team with multiple healthcare specialists to provide complete, individualized care to patients with headache or facial pain disorders. Our team of experts includes two board-certified neurologists who specialize in the treatment of headaches, board certified sleep specialists, and physical therapists with special interest in headache and related disorders. We partner with neurosurgeons, a neuroradiologist, otolaryngologists (ENT), obstetrician/gynecologists, dentists, oral surgeons, endocrinologists, nutritionists, and rheumatologists to ensure all of your treatment needs are met.
We are dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of all headache types, whether primary (such as migraine or cluster headache) or secondary (related to an underlying medical condition, possibly serious). Find out more about the conditions we treat.
We appreciate that each patient is unique, both in how they experience their condition, and how they respond to treatment: No two patients are alike. Factors such as age, gender, genetics, personality, occupation, social situation, pain tolerance and co-existing medical conditions may play a role. Therefore, each patient receives individualized evaluations, along with tailored education and treatment plans. Our final treatment aim is to significantly improve your quality of life – we want you to get your life back.
Recovery will include non-pharmacologic treatments (such as nutraceuticals, exercise, manual therapy, stress management and other lifestyle changes) as well as pharmacotherapy (medications). Our team highly emphasizes education, as we believe knowledge is power - power to change one’s life in a positive way. The best results are obtained from knowledgeable patients who are empowered to take control of their disorder.
Our team will walk with you during your recovery process, and will modify treatment as your situation changes.
Appointments at the Oklahoma Headache Center
Make an Appointment
To make an appointment with the Oklahoma Headache Center, call our office at 405-307-5700. Our staff will ask for your health insurance information and current medical provider’s information, so that we may obtain your records and a referral, if needed.
Your First Appointment
After your appointment has been scheduled, we ask that you fill out a new patient packet. Separately, a thorough headache questionnaire will arrive in the mail. This questionnaire is very important and needs to be filled out as completely as possible and brought to the first appointment. We also ask that new patients arrive 30-45 minutes early to their first appointment so that our team can input all information into the patient’s record/chart.
What Should I Bring to my Appointment?
- Health insurance information including authorizations or referrals
- Your completed new patient packet
- Your completed new patient questionnaire
- Up-to-date list of prescription medications and dosages
- List of medications that you're allergic to
- List of questions you may have
- Recent test results related to your condition
- All brain imaging studies including CT scans and MRI (including discs and reports)
Cutting Edge Treatment
The Oklahoma Headache Center is the second center in the U.S. to be able to prescribe a new electronic device to stop headaches. Our center also participates in clinical trials to provide our patients cutting edge therapies to find the best treatment for successfully treating migraines.
Treatment of headaches with intravenous medications is generally much more successful than oral medications. This is one reason why Emergency Room (ER) visits may be helpful. However, ER visits tend to be expensive, there may be long waits, and therapies are not necessarily consistent from visit-to-visit.
As an alternative, we have Norman Regional’s Outpatient Infusion Center where patients can be treated with proven intravenous (IV) headache protocols without the long wait and expense of the ER.
What will happen if I would like to try Infusion Center treatment?
- We will obtain an EKG and labs, if needed, to make sure the medications used will be safe for you. This is generally done in advance.
- We will obtain preauthorization from your insurance company prior to the medication infusions.
When do I need infusion treatment?
Infusion therapy is used for severe migraines that will not go away. It is meant to help avoid costly and uncomfortable ER visits, while providing IV medications that are not available for use at home.
Where do I go for treatment?
You will go to Norman Regional Hospital, located at 901 N. Porter Ave. Norman, OK 73071. You may use the free valet parking available on the Northeast side of the building. When you enter, you will see registration, and you will need to sign in there (first time only). The Infusion Center is located on the third floor – take the elevators adjacent to the registration area and follow the signs to the infusion center.
How do I get treatment started?
- Call our clinic at 405-307-5700 during business hours. At that time, we will place the order and make all necessary preparations.
- If you feel you might need treatment in the future, it is better to go ahead and obtain insurance pre-approval so that there will be no delays when you have a severe headache needing treatment.
- After our clinic has sent the order, our infusion center will call you with the date and time of your appointment. Their number is 405-307-4038.
- Same day service is available in most cases.
- Norman Regional’s Outpatient Infusion Center’s hours are 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. seven days a week, by appointment only. Orders for the weekend must be placed by Friday morning.
3400 W. Tecumseh Rd., Suite 300
Norman, OK 73072