Ortho Central Surgery Center
The Ortho Central Surgery Center is located inside the West Norman Professional Building at 3400 W. Tecumseh Rd., Suite 301 in Norman.
One of the Ortho Central physicians will schedule their outpatient surgeries at their surgery center.
The Ortho Central Surgery Center offers a broad range of orthopedic and pain management services in an outpatient setting, giving patients another option with the same high quality outcomes. It is a state-of-the-art facility where Ortho Central physicians use the latest techniques to care for their patients.
Our priority is patient care and our goal is to exceed patient expectations in an outpatient setting by always striving to be cost effective, convenient and uncompromising in our strides of excellence.
We are here to help before and after your surgery. If you have any questions, please call us at 405-801-4200.
The Ortho Central Surgery Center has Medicare Certification and is licensed by the state of Oklahoma. We are also accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc.
Preparing for surgery
Before your surgery, a member of our nursing staff will contact you to review personal health history and medication information as well as answer any questions you may have.
Please notify us immediately if:
- You cannot keep your scheduled appointment.
- You suspect that you are pregnant.
- You experience any change in your health such as a cough, fever or a cold
Registration and billing
Preregistration for your surgery is required; a billing representative will contact you directly to walk you through this process. We require payment of deductibles, copay and non-covered services be made before your surgery. Please call us prior to your surgery to discuss financial obligations or to ask us any questions you may have.
Important reminders for the day of surgery:
*For your safety, please do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your surgery. This includes water, hard candy, gum or prescription medications, unless ordered by your surgeon.
- Bathe or shower the morning of your surgery. You may brush your teeth or use mouthwash, however, please remember not to swallow any of the water.
- Refrain from smoking after midnight before your surgery.
- Notify us if you have any change in your health such as a cough, fever or a cold.
- Leave jewelry and other valuable items at home for safekeeping. You’ll be asked to remove contact lenses, dentures or other prostheses when you dress for surgery so please bring any necessary cases with you.
- Wear casual, loose fitting clothing.
- Have a responsible adult accompany you to your surgery and drive you home.
- Please bring a state-licensed ID, insurance card(s), copies of referrals, and any deposits or copays with you.
- Please bring a written list of medications including dosages with you.
If the patient is a child:
- One or both parents or guardians must remain at our facility during the surgery.
- A parent or guardian must sign permits for surgery.
- Guardians must bring written proof of guardianship on the day of surgery. Without this documentation, the surgery may be delayed.
A physician that is highly qualified in all aspects of outpatient anesthesia directs anesthesia services. Your anesthesia provider will examine you before surgery and answer any questions you may have. The Ortho Central Surgery Center is equipped to offer Local Anesthesia, Monitored Anesthesia Care and General Anesthesia. You and your physician will determine the appropriate type of anesthesia you use.
After surgery, most patients feel a bit groggy, light-headed, dizzy, sore and slightly nauseated. How you feel depends on the complexity of your procedure, how long you were in the operating room, your pain threshold and what type of anesthesia you were given.
You will be able to go home once your vital signs are stable, you feel comfortable and alert and your nurses determines that you meet discharge criteria. Most patients spend one to two hours in recovery.
We do recommend that you go home before the effects of the anesthesia wear off completely to help reduce pain for the trip home and will allow you to rest more comfortably once you arrive home.
A responsible adult must drive you home and remain with you for the first 24 hours following your surgery.
Your surgeon will provide postoperative instructions regarding diet, rest and medications.
Since it is normal to feel drowsy after receiving anesthesia, we recommend refraining from the following activities for 24 hours after discharge:
- Driving and operating equipment
- Signing important papers
- Making significant decisions
- Drinking alcoholic beverages or taking any drug without your physician’s okay
One of our nurses will call you within a few days of your surgery to check your progress and answer any questions you may have. If you have any unexpected problems or questions, please call us at 405-801-4200 during our normal business hours of 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday. After hours, please call the Ortho Central answering service at 405-360-6764. For emergencies, please call 911 and/or go to the nearest emergency room.
3400 Tecumseh Rd., Suite 301
Norman, OK 73072